Hello All! Thanks for tuning in and turning the page again. I’ve been getting ready for my up and coming blog tour. Answering questions and listing my Top 5 favorites on books, foods and things people might find interesting about me, or not. LOL. But it put me in mind to answer some questions that weren’t asked by the tour bloggers.
- I’m an only child. But I wasn’t a lonely child. My mom was one of 14 children and I have lots and LOTS of cousins. We could populate our own town. There were so many of us and our family is very close, that some of my best friends growing up were related to me. Closest too me was Rita, we are only 22 days apart in age.
- In addition to being an author, I am also a registered nurse, but I’ve had several different careers in my life. Cook, waitress, my first job was working in a movie theater. I also went to school to be a Nanny and I worked for Walmart for eight years as a professional cake decorator.
- I’m inked. I have a tattoo on my right shoulder blade, about 6-8 inches big, of an Egyptian ankh for eternity, and a blue lotus for wisdom. I’d like to get another tat on my left side of an enchanted stair case made of books leading to a magical arch to the world of Krynn. (Dragonlance fans will know.)
- I’m terribly accident prone. I’ve had multiple stitches and broken bones. My ankles seem to be particularly fragile. I’ve broken my right one four times and my left three times. OUCH!
- When I was a little girl my idol was Dolly Parton. I used to dress up in my mom’s 1960’s graduation dress, stuff the top with at least two rolls of Charmin toilet paper and sing along to her records into the mirror with a round hair brush for a microphone. The brush was was blue, the dress was plum colored satin.
- I’ve had 3 best friends in my life; Sunnie Browing (now Flood), Erin Johnson and Kellie Whitefield.
There ya go. 6 obscure, random things about me that only my family and close friends have known. Hope to see you on the tour!
P.S. There will be prizes for those that follow along with the tour and respond to the questions; One $50 gift card to Amazon and one $50 card to B&N.